Hetalia: Ultimate Ensemble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia: Ultimate Ensemble

A collection of Hetalia AU Roleplays

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Observation [Closed, Rated R]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Observation [Closed, Rated R] Empty
PostSubject: Observation [Closed, Rated R]   Observation [Closed, Rated R] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:11 pm

((This is the RPing of the backstory (found in Kiku's profile) of how Kiku began to work at the club. Any questions can be directed at Kiku via PM))

Kiku Honda, age 18, recently moved to London after traveling around Europe. He had played many roles since leaving the doldrums of his seamstress life behind in Japan, though every single one involved working in a strip club. He had amassed a reasonable amount of money, and after a bit of research on the town, he managed to procure a flat a few blocks away from a club called 'The Thorny Rose'. Though he enjoyed the thrill of masquerading as a different performer in different places, he often simply enjoyed attending the club for the entertainment. Still, he discovered that as he moved from place to place, his reputation seemed to follow him. Particularly, clubs found Ame endearing, Nara tolerable but interesting, and Kaze...well, usually Kaze didn't often appear at clubs for very long.

He had spent the entire day working on a new outfit, his fingers calloused from working with the needle and thread. He held the kimono in his hands, admiring the stitched in chrysanthemums along the sleeves and the hem. Green vines and leaves around them wove throughout the rest of the fabric, and a green sash about his waist tied everything together. He kept his hair in a short bob, adorning it with only a single chrysanthemum. Tonight, he would attend the club as a new patron, a woman of his own invention named 'Nei-chan'. She would be charming, sweet, and treat other patrons with the utmost respect while keeping her distance from being drawn into anything sexual. Nei-chan was meant to be fun, flirtatious, and free...but a traditionalist at heart.

He gained entrance into the club easily, taking a seat at one of the tables near the back. A kind man came to take his order, and in a soft, feminine lilt he simply asked for a strawberry daiquiri. He did not wish to drink anything too strong, in order to better keep up his facade. The man smiled and departed, and 'Nei-chan' took the time to examine some of the patrons nearest to her. It was early enough in the night that only one or two were showing signs of having too much, though the true entertainment for the night had not yet begun. 'Nei-chan' was looking forward to seeing what the club had to offer, though she sincerely hoped the focus of the patrons and performers would remain on stage. There were those few performers that went into the audience, but he doubted they would make their way as far back as his corner.

A few patrons passing a little too close to his table caught his attention, though he merely gave them a polite smile hidden behind his hand. The music playing almost hid their comments, though he caught a few that made him wary. 'I need to be careful; they might mistake me for a performer with this outfit.' Smiling sweetly, he continued to observe the patrons, feigning ignorance to the stares being directed in his direction.
Back to top Go down
http://ask-au-kiku.tumblr.com/
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Observation [Closed, Rated R]   Observation [Closed, Rated R] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Arthur scanned the restaurant area with a practised eye as he exited through the swinging kitchen doors, a round galvanised tray perched on his fingertips. The tray held nothing for the moment, but it would soon be filled with glasses containing sumptuous liquid temptations from the bar, ready to pass the lips of the club's patrons. Tonight he had been filling in for one of the servers; it was slow enough for now that his lateness was excused, though if he didn't show up by eight-thirty on the dot, as he'd said, Arthur had specified that consequences would be severe. He had a whole bloody club to run, after all. He couldn't be expected to serve drinks all night, and Yao was nothing if not fantastic at his job but he was still only one person.

He spotted the raven-haired man headed his way with an empty tray, and nodded to him. The other raised an eyebrow at his presence on the floor so early, but knew not to say anything about it. Arthur's eyes moved over the few filled tables, settling on the one Yao had just left. It was a little rare to see a woman here alone; usually they came in gaggles of at least three, sometimes more, whether for moral support (given the nature of the club) or merely for someone to lean against later in the night when the alcohol had finally settled in. To see this woman (and so properly, beautifully dressed-- and was that a fresh chrysanthemum tucked into her short dark hair?) here alone.... Perhaps she had come to the wrong place. Perhaps it was not the show but the dining that she'd come for. Perhaps..... But ah, he'd find out after nine, wouldn't he, after all?

Arthur checked his watch: eight twenty-six. Just in time for the blond to spot a young man walking briskly towards him with an apologetic smile. Good. Nodding, Arthur spun the tray deftly on his fingertips and allowed it to land gracefully in its rightful hands, the server catching it with ease. (He supposed they were all performers here, in some way or another.)

Another nod to the young man, and Arthur was taking long strides toward the dressing rooms, where the night's performers would already be preparing for the show. "Thirty till curtain, and that's you first tonight, Ivy," he barked toward the woman headlining, who shimmied with practised ease into a pair of nylons with a nod toward her employer. Offering a curt smile in return, the blond returned backstage to prepare the area for the performances. He checked his watch again; nineteen minutes till curtain, which meant nine till the heavy velvet curtains (and the doors behind them) opened to allow in the customers who wanted something more than just their sense of taste tantalised.

-~*~-

Eight fifty-five and thirty.... thirty-one... thirty-two seconds. Out of the corner of his eye, Arthur couldn't help but notice the young woman with the chrysanthemum in her hair was taking an interest in the goings-on behind the curtain. Smiling pleasantly, the blond plucked a white tea rose from one of the arrangements he himself had done up, and strode toward her table.

"If you would like a better view of the show, miss, I will be happy to carry your daiquiri to a closer seat," he purred with a small bow, tucking the (de-thorned) rose behind her ear next to the chrysanthemum. "I do hope you enjoy this evening's performance."

((Oh god this is so late and so so failtacular and I am so sorry agggghhhh.))
Back to top Go down
http://ask-punk-arthur-kirkland.tumblr.com
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Observation [Closed, Rated R]   Observation [Closed, Rated R] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:24 am

Nei-chan sipped her drink, sending small smiles and soft gazes to a few of the patrons who continued to pass her table. The same server from before returned, and she politely declined his offer for another drink from behind her hand. He had moved artfully away, the silver tray balanced perfectly in his hands. She had watched him for a moment, before letting her gaze wander to the front of the club again. The room began to fill with more patrons, the true lifeblood of the establishment. The men and women entering were those that spent their money freely on drink and sex, seeking escapes from their dull and stressful lives. 'Of course the staff are beautiful too. The owner must truly seek the most beautiful people to work, whether on stage or on the floor.'

She smiled politely at a man who passed her table, only giving him a small nod now and then as he shamelessly flirted with her. She was not here to do more than flirt, and the man's suggestions were usually those reserved for performers. She needed to make it clear to him that she was not one of them, no matter how elaborately dressed. She felt a wave of relief pass through her as he retreated to his table, where a group of his friends waited (probably to see if he had been successful). She felt her cheeks heat as their gazes shifted in her direction, their conversation and comments clearly about her. She knew they would forget her once the show started, their attentions on the stage and the beautiful males and female performers that would be far more pleasing in the end.

Movement in her direction drew her gaze, and she placed a hand over her mouth as a (handsome, gorgeous) blond man approached her table. A delicate white rose rested between his fingers, and the light from the room made his green eyes sparkle as he drew closer. She recognized him from earlier, though he lacked the silver tray he had carried elegantly around the floor. She guessed that he was one of the servers, though she had no real proof other than what she had seen him doing earlier. He could well be a performer, or perhaps a bartender, filling in for someone else. She could not help but smile as he approached, inclining her head politely in as much of a bow as she could, acknowledging him as he neared her.

"If you would like a better view of the show, miss, I will be happy to carry your daiquiri to a closer seat."

The rose was placed behind her ear, and for once, her flush deepened in natural shyness. The low tone in his voice sent pleasant little shivers down her spine, but she did her best not to show it beyond her smile. She gazed up at him, trying to read his expression. She hid another smile behind her hand, reaching with her other to gently brush over the velvet petals of the white rose. She quickly considered her response to him, though her shy smile remained in place. Was this rose a token, a symbol to show interest in her? Most clubs he had frequented had some sort of symbol, such as a specially folded napkin or a few bills exchanged in an embrace. They were usually given to the performers by the patrons (and sometimes, the other way around) to show interest. The night was too young for her to tell if the rose was the club's token (though the name might suggest it as such), but she had not failed to notice the roses artfully placed around the room. Had she, by accepting the rose, accepted his request of her?

She would have to decline, of course, partially because she did not know the club's rules on interactions between the performers and patrons, but mostly because she was not a woman. Nei-chan was the newest, but she was the most level-headed and intelligent. Her job was to learn the politics of the club, and to determine what was allowed and was not allowed. She would flirt, smile, and giggle, hiding her true motives and not allowing herself to be distracted by the performers or the other workers in the club. Her position allowed her to see both the performers on stage, as well as to subtly observe the happenings in the sliver of the backstage she could see from her vantage point.

"I do hope you enjoy this evening's performance."

His words brought her out of her thoughts, her flush deepening in embarrassment for allowing her mind to wander. "I am sure that I will love the performance. I have heard many pleasing things about this place. The drinks are wonderful, and the decorations are simply beautiful!" She pressed her fingers to her lips, as if embarrassed to be avoiding the real subjects of the club. "Ah, please forgive me. I do tend to ramble when surrounded by such beautiful things." She gazed up at him through her eyelashes, as if to show she knew how (attractive, alluring, beautiful) liked he was. She wondered if he would notice that she had skirted his original question, though she planned to decline his offer if he asked again.

((*headdesks* I had a good post...and then the forum logged me out after pressing 'send' and so I lost it all! *sobs* I tried to recreate as much of it as I could...I hate when that happens so much, especially since it hasn't done that to me in ages and I was just browsing the forum not a minute before in another tab *headdesks more*))
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Observation [Closed, Rated R]   Observation [Closed, Rated R] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm

The barest dimming of the house lights in the entertainment area alerted Arthur that the show was about to start, though he made no show of realising that. After all, he would not be rude to a customer by glancing away or checking his watch, and he had confidence that his employees would be able to run a show just as they had been for as long as they'd been here. Instead, he smiled at the young woman and nodded politely. "As you wish, miss," he started, "although there is a much better view in the main entertainment area, but if you prefer this seat that is also fine." Perhaps she wanted to be so out of the way to avoid being mistaken for one of the performers. That was understandable, but then why had she dressed in such a manner? It wasn't as though the kimono didn't look nice on her (it was quite lovely, actually, and complemented her features and the shades of green beautifully offset her dark eyes and hair), but it was a little unusual to see someone dressed in this way in this part of Soho. That, and the tiniest bit of the backstage area could be seen from this vantage point.... That worried Arthur. Had this woman come from another club? A talent agency, perhaps? He'd heard of such things happening.

But ah, he shouldn't worry so much. He was likely overthinking it, and all at this woman's expense who had no idea what was going on behind Arthur's unfaltering smile. "Please forgive my rudeness," he said with the same charming smile, "I didn't mean to stare, but it's not often that people spend their compliments on the decor here." He chuckled lightly to indicate he certainly didn't take offense to it; in fact he was more than flattered by her words. Arthur spent effort on the flawlessly-arranged flora that adorned the Thorny Rose, so for them to have been complimented (and unsolicited) by a patron was a boon to the man who had created them. "Thank you for your kind words. Even surrounded by beautiful things, it is rare for me to see one of your beauty~" The woman was indeed attractive, and though Arthur himself preferred men, that didn't mean he couldn't appreciate a woman's charms. Nor did it mean he couldn't be flirtatious when the situation called for it.

Music erupted from the speakers near the stage, signifying the beginning of Ivy's performance, and Arthur excused himself with a short bow towards the woman, purposely heading backstage through the passage within the woman's line of sight. If she was here to watch them like a hawk, then Arthur would give her something to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://ask-punk-arthur-kirkland.tumblr.com
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Observation [Closed, Rated R]   Observation [Closed, Rated R] I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Nei-chan noticed the house lights dimming, but made no comment. She did feel the slightest flutter as the man's gaze lingered on her, the lighting changing the shadows playing through his green eyes to something more alluring. She watched as the blond hairs around his face shifted as he nodded, the locks taunting her to feel their softness. Momentarily, she wondered if he too would be performing that night, and briefly she considered perhaps taking the blond's offer to move closer to the stage. But she dismissed the thought just as quickly, remembering herself and her seating choice. She was there to learn, not to become swept up by the performers both on stage and on the floor. But if they were anything like this man...she felt herself holding his gaze for just a little too long, and immediately she dropped hers to the table in front of her. To distract from her blush, she lifted the daiquiri to her lips, taking a delicate sip before setting it down on the table once more.

Before she could apologize properly, the blond began speaking. Her eyes found his again, and she hoped the slightly dimmed lighting hid the flush that seemed permanently affixed to her cheeks. A soft giggle left her lips, and she pressed her fingers to them again to stifle it. "Ah, but the decor is so lovely! I suppose most people do not come here to look at it, or perhaps they do not pay attention to it. But it is easy to appreciate the artistic work that is everywhere!" She smiled, tilting her head and peeking up at him through her lashes. By his reaction, she guessed that he had played some part in the choice in decoration, though perhaps it was normal custom in the club. Her flush deepened at his compliment, and she found herself giggling again. "Ah, you are most kind!" She realized then that she had yet to ask his name, and unlike other servers he wore no tag or form of identification. She thought to ask him, but was interrupted by the beginning beats of the performance music.

She followed him with her eyes, noting the slight way he swayed his hips as he walked to the backstage area. A quick glance around the floor told her that only she had witnessed the blond, and that the current performer on stage was a woman who would easily hold the attentions of the audience for quite some time. Nei-chan had no true interest in the actual performances, though she faced the stage and feigned watching the woman slide her hands over her thighs. However, her true attentions were focused on the small sliver of backstage, where she caught small glimpses of those waiting for their turn. She noted (not with too much disappointment) that the backstage was well hidden, and that aside from her seat being positioned exactly as it was, it would be nearly impossible for anyone else to sneak a peek at the performers in advance. Her luck came from her observation skills, and she doubted the table she currently occupied filled with any customers other than those who simply wished to eat and chat.

Taking another sip of her drink, Nei-chan continued to watch the backstage, hoping to catch another glimpse of the blond. 'Perhaps he knows the owner of this place? I will have to be careful when asking questions...I do not want to seem like I am prying into the club's private affairs, even though that is technically what I am here to do. But I highly doubt there is a way to ask him without becoming involved...which I also do not wish to do. Perhaps it would be best if he sent another to do this...' She sighed, the noise lost beneath the music and the cheers of the crowd. He would need to send another in her place...someone who could actually get close to one of the performers in order to learn more about the way the club worked. She had learned some herself, enough to know that the system was not an overly complex one that tried to hide its true intentions. The club was not shy about being a strip club, which made the choice for her brother an obvious one.

((If you run out of things to say/do, we could always put in a timeskip to a slightly later time. We could always talk about it if you're not sure ^^))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observation [Closed, Rated R]   Observation [Closed, Rated R] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Observation [Closed, Rated R]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hetalia: Ultimate Ensemble :: The Roleplays :: The Thorny Rose :: First Floor-
Jump to: