Hetalia: Ultimate Ensemble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia: Ultimate Ensemble

A collection of Hetalia AU Roleplays

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Activity Check #1

Go down 
+4
Leon Banjora
Kiku Honda
Lukas Bondevik
Admin
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 4:44 pm

It's time for HUE's very first Activity Check!

(My sincerest apologies if you received the check notice more than once. It was only supposed to go out one time, and was only marked as 'sent' one time in the admin panel.)

For those of you who have been with us for awhile, you guys know the drill. The check runs from Sunday, January 6th and will go until Saturday, January 12th, 11:59PM EST. If you do not check in, an e-mail will be sent to you, and you will have until the following Wednesday to respond before your account is deleted and your character put up for grabs once more.

For this check, please post up the following:

1. One thing you like about HUE so far. (It can be anything, from the color scheme to a profile you are proud of writing.)

2. One thing you would like to see. (Again, it can be anything, from more members to a completely new AU)

3. Your favorite season.

CHECKED IN:
Lukas
Kiku
Leon
Anabel
Lili
Yao
Arthur
Toris
Back to top Go down
https://hetaultimateensemble.rpg-board.net
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:03 pm

1. I can't pick one.... it's all good ^^

2. A Denmark and Iceland Q3Q

3. um....autumn
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 6:59 pm

LUKAS YOU CHEATER! *tackles* (Kidding of course...since it is technically Sunday over there...unless my timezones are totally off O.O) <3

1. I love everything about HUE. I'm not just saying that as one of the founders. I swear, we have an amazing group of people, who show our dynamic selves both on the board and off of it. I love RPing with each and every single one of you, and always smile when I see new replies have arrived. You guys make my day, and seeing all this purple makes me giggle!

2. I'm looking forward to seeing plots move forward. I don't think that's something that needs to be changed, just something that'll happen as we gain more members. I think the few things I was worried about when HUE started are getting taken care of, either by having everyone just being awesome and posting or through some behind-the-scenes stuff with Arthur (more like, 'HEY WE NEED GRAPHICS' ...'ARTHUR IS TOTALLY ON THIS BECAUSE SHE IS WONDERFUL')

3. I happen to have a soft spot for fall/autumn as well, Lukas~! I love the leaves changing, and around where I live we get APPLES...tons and TONS of apples! Fall is when we also can get pomegranates, apple pies, homemade apple sauce and other goodies. Fall is also when school starts, but it's also the season that hides my birthday! The weather is always beautiful (or rainy, but shh) and it's just cool enough to wear a light coat rather than those bulky, marshmallow fluff coats...at least here where I live XD
Back to top Go down
http://ask-au-kiku.tumblr.com/
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 7:05 pm

well it's saturday lol but if i would of forgotten if i waited
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 pm

I would have poked you *shot* <3

(I responded to our threads too, by the by...but if you're busy now/need time or anything, no worries...just thought I'd throw a nudge out there ^^)
Back to top Go down
Leon Banjora

Leon Banjora

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:03 am

1. The awesome AU'S.

2. STAR TREK AU. Also a pink rhinoceros.

3. Considering that it's 40c+ here... winter...
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:18 am

aklsdjfklasjdkfj I'd dislike you right now Leon...but you're in the Southern Hemisphere and so our seasons are opposite *pouts and hugs instead for warmth*

STAR TREK AU WOULD BE KILLER AWESOME, IT WOULD! *dances around*
Back to top Go down
Leon Banjora

Leon Banjora

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:37 am

Warmth is all well and fine, but when the heat and dry weather causes fires and my skin is covered in eczema and it burns when I sweat. AAAARGH. I need winter. I need it now.
Back to top Go down
Anabel Peeters

Anabel Peeters

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:39 am

1) Pretty much everything? OvO
2) More and different AUs I guess
3) Winter
Back to top Go down
Lili Zwingli

Lili Zwingli

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:00 pm

1. At the risk of sounding sappy: You guys. Seriously, I've found three new friends here, although one isn't part of the forum anymore. I also love the icons Arthur made, the one with Kiku is especially cool!

2. Me getting my ass in gear and posting as much as you guys do. I know I mention that a lot, but I feel sincerely ashamed I'm so lazy with my posts...

3. And while Leon's sweating, I'm sitting here staring at inches of snow and darkness falling at 4 PM. Thus, summer.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Anabel and Lili, you're both checked in (I swear I'll do a better reply asap, but I wanted to add your names to the list ^^)
Back to top Go down
Wang Yao

Wang Yao

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:43 pm

1) I love the color scheme, as I've said before, as well as all the wonderful AUs

2) Me getting my butt in gear and post some more!

3) Autumn. All the colors of the leaves are really pretty in the mountains where I live.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Leon: Ugh, yeah...that would make me want cool weather too, methinks x.x

Anabel: We're so glad to have you! We'll definitely get on that...we're hoping to acquire a few more members before we start throwing new and epic AU ideas your way ^_^ But definitely, look forward to it and never hesitate to give an epic suggestion!

Lili: I love the icons tooooo~! Arthur modified them, but they weren't drawn by Arthur (I'll have to search out the true artist), but Artie is amazing, no? *shot* I love the new icons as well...and I think they match the epic color scheme we have going too~ *huggles* I'm so glad to know you too Lili...you're so much fun to RP with and talk to and I need to do that more often D:

Yao: Aww, thanks again! Arthur and I are both saps for purple...so you're all looking at our favorite color *shot* (It's true though ^^)

Everyone: Don't feel lazy or ashamed! I personally look forward to your replies whenever you have the time to get to them. Seriously, everyone is busy...it happens...but if you're like me you have zero life outside of work and school so you get me replying to everything *shot more*

But you all are awesome, wonderful, amazing, and your posts show it. I'm glad myself to know you and look forward to glomping you guys whenever I happen to see you online <3
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:45 am

1. I have to pick just one??? ;A; Overall I think the thing I like most is the fact that we have so many wonderful members who are not only fabulous RPers but also fantastic people as well~ You guys are what makes me love this forum, no copious amounts of purple will change that XD

2. There are a couple of things planned for the future which Kiku and I will reveal in due time, so I"m excited for those things~ But also I would love to be more active here (which nothing but me getting my arse in gear will fix XD).

3. *breaks the mould like a boss* Spring! Pretty flowers, warmer weather that's not sweltering, clearer days and rainy ones, a time of renewal and new beginnings~

Also: alsdhka guys stahp aaa. Kiku was the one who found the icons in the first place, all I did was tweak them a little in photoshop ^^' Credit where credit is due, jeez. *blushes like a derp*
Back to top Go down
http://ask-punk-arthur-kirkland.tumblr.com
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Arrrrrrrrrrrtttthhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr! *tackles*

SHUSH YOU STOP BEING MODEST ADSFKLJASKLDJFKSDJS *cries into* YOU STAHP IT RIGHT NAO YOU HEAR?! (<3)
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Kiku Honda wrote:
Arrrrrrrrrrrtttthhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr! *tackles*
Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu? *tackled* oof!

Kiku Honda wrote:
SHUSH YOU STOP BEING MODEST ADSFKLJASKLDJFKSDJS *cries into* YOU STAHP IT RIGHT NAO YOU HEAR?! (<3)

ALSDHLAAHSLD. <3
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 pm

*drags off and uses as a pillow* HAH!
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:02 pm

I've been reduced to a pillow once again. *heavy sigh*
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

(I would make a comment about caterpillars and pillows...but...XD)

*fluffs the English pillow*
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Maybe a skype group...can do group skype calls then?
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:02 pm

The buttons were done by someone who does graphics/just likes to do them here, it seems ^^ BUT THE PURPLE...THANK ARTHUR FOR THAT *clings to*

I think it's also 'cleaner' because it's newer...if that makes sense. Not only are the graphics different/matching much better, but there's less old posts/clutter around.

As for the chat, at the moment we don't have one. However, that doesn't mean we won't have one in the future, or that we haven't considered re-making it. We had a lot of problems with the chat and people not doing their jobs in watching it when we did try to divvy up things better...so to bring back something more official, Arthur and I will have to talk about it and make sure to dedicate more time to it.

HOWEVER...if you guys make chats of your own for fun, even if it's just a meet or only for a night or two, feel free to invite whoever you want. We could also plan meets on Skype or other things, but if you have other suggestions and things, just throw them up in the suggestion board or PM either Arthur or myself <3

*huggles both Toris and Lukas* ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:41 am

First, I will repeat as I've said above. Arthur and I would need to talk about whether to allow a chat hosted through the forum, or whether to have a chat hosted outside of the forum with the forum name attached. When we made HUE, we decided against it because of the problems the chat caused very recently before we left the old board.

We also decided against it because members tended to hang out in the chat, but not work on posts. Since the idea of the board was to literate RP, with the chat on the side, this was a serious problem that could only be solved by the admins/mods monitoring the chat better and issuing reminders to people. Unfortunately, the assigning of specific mods or admins to monitor the chat based on their high presence online did not work, but rather, caused other problems that needed to be solved. This problem was not one held by random people stopping into the chat, but by the members of the chat and the mods assigned to keep it.

I believe that any of our old members can recall our struggles with the chat, and hopefully will then understand why we are hesitant to allow it again. True, we are a new board and we are in some senses, new people, but our decisions are based on our experiences in that matter.

If you would like to propose a solution to the problem, or further research that we should do into a better chat system, feel free to do so either in the suggestion board or in a PM to either one of us. As for now, I think it is clear that this is something that you would like to see happen, but further suggesting should be done in the appropriate topic areas.

Second, just a note: This site DOES have a site function to house a chat. It was discussed on the old board to initialize THAT chat instead of MSN (which is moving over to Skype). However, as stated above, the admins would need to discuss the possibility of allowing the chat again.

I think the more you (as in, other members and fellow RPers) post, the easier it will be to see that the balance between literate RPing (the point of the site to begin with) and friendly, mature behaviors in a chat (a great way to meet people) exists and that the admins should consider it something advantageous to the site.

Third, sorry for the long-winded thing. (I can't recall if all of this was in the intro to the board we posted way back when, but I have a feeling I'm repeating myself XD) I'm glad you want to suggest things to us, just try to understand where we are coming from when we say we need time to think about it.

Finally...*pulls into a hug* (Translation: We so have to RP sometime)
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 9:44 am

I understand completely kiku. I like the idea of maybe planned skype call chat. Good chance to do some simple catching up and some extreme plottage. Maybe once every few weeks?
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda
Admin
Kiku Honda

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 pm

*huggles Lukas* We'll definitely work on it! Meetups sound like so much fun, even if they are online meetups ^^
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland
Admin
Arthur Kirkland

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 am

Meetups would be fantastic to have, even if they are not on one chat client or another (simply because some people don't have that program or don't have a mic/cam), but perhaps one of the free online chatroom things like Chatzy or Tinychat would be a possible option? Just throwing it out there.

But as far as having a permanently established chat, I agree that Kiku and I will need to have a discussion about it before a decision is made in regards to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Activity Check #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #1   Activity Check #1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activity Check #1
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next