Hetalia: Ultimate Ensemble
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia: Ultimate Ensemble

A collection of Hetalia AU Roleplays

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open] Empty
PostSubject: A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]   A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:32 am

Gilbert glanced quickly at the corridor. Good, they were empty. He slipped into one of the few practice rooms of the building, hoping to master this piece by the next lesson. He closed the door behind him and sighed. He didn't like people finding out he was this hard working, it was odd but he much preferred everyone to witness him fully practised and ready during recitals. As if he had just pulled this talent from out of nowhere. And he did enjoy being alone anyway.

He whipped out the score from his bag and arranged them on the piano. Then he breathed, sat down and started practising. Long, slender, pale fingers found themselves cruising the keyboard, occasionally slipping and he cringed at every slip. Well, as long as nobody could hear him. He continued practising, going over the parts he kept messing up at. After what seemed to be ages he finally got the hang of the piece and he smirked to himself before playing the full piece to familiarise himself with it even more.

As he played though, he did not notice that the door was actually not fully shut. It was left slightly ajar, and the melody he was playing quietly drifted through the gap.
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas

Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]   A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:56 am

Feliciano smiled as he put the finishing touches on his latest homework assignment. Sighing with relief, he put away all of his supplies and gathered up his books. He always felt a mixture of pride and accomplishment whenever he managed to finish homework early. Feliciano did not consider himself lazy, especially in artistic matters. But he did find himself occasionally distracted by other things, particularly social engagements. He still made time for his art, which came both naturally and easily to him. He could get away with putting off sketching a new piece, or even putting on a single coat of paint. But for his more intricate paintings and his ceramics courses, he could not afford to procrastinate. He checked his workspace one more time for anything he might have forgotten, then shouldered his bag and headed for the door.

The halls in the building were empty. Feliciano guessed that most students were eating dinner, or were enjoying the weather outside. His smile grew as his thoughts drifted to spending the evening outside, or with a group of friends rather than cooped up in one of the art studios. The natural light filtering in through the windows had only made him want to desert his work and run around in the Quad with the others. At least now, he reasoned, he could not only spend the daylight outside, he could spend it not worrying about the monstrous load of assignments that usually awaited him in his room. He stepped lightly down the empty hallway, the temptation to start skipping rising . He took in a breath and was just about to start humming, when the sound of music floated towards him from the practice rooms.

Curious, he quietly made his way to the source, finally locating the one lit room with its door left open just a crack. He paused in the hallway, deciding he would simply stay for a minute and listen to the student play before continuing on. He took in a soft breath as the melody washed over him, and without realizing it he was inching closer and closer to the sound of the piano. His hand brushed against the door, pushing it open a little more (thankfully it made no noise) and letting his gaze settle over the player. His smile grew as he listened, the music enveloping him and sending shivers through him. The male student played beautifully, his fingers skimming the keys effortlessly. Feliciano had never been great with music (he wasn't a terrible singer, but other instruments were a challenge), though he had a great appreciation for anyone that played an instrument or sang.

He found himself closing his eyes, a soft sigh of appreciation escaping his lips. He quickly put a hand over his mouth as his eyes snapped open. His body began to tremble in nervousness as he realized that he had just revealed his presence to the other student. He considered running out through the still open door, but his feet refused to move. 'I-I probably broke his concentration and now he's going to be angry with me because I definitely wasn't supposed to be here even though his playing was so nice I just couldn't help it!' Still trying to tell his feet to move, his fearful gaze stayed fixed on the other student, waiting.

((Hope you don't mind me jumping in here~! ^^))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]   A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:27 am

Gilbert continued playing, although he did freeze for a moment when he heard a quiet sigh from behind him. But he knew like all professional musicians, they must never be distracted when performing. He continued on, playing as confidently as possible. After all, he had practised enough to perform well. (That and he was awesome.) And if he succeeded in bringing in an audience for this piece, he knew he'd be ready for the next lesson. Fantastic.

He was still a little miffed about forgetting to close the door properly though, how could he have made a mistake like that? Nobody in his class knew he usually practised in his free time. It'd have been slightly awkward and not too good for his image. He frowned as he played, the thoughts still swimming in his mind even though he tried to brush it aside so he could play the piece without stumbling. He finally finished the piece with a flourish and then turned around, a smile on his face.

"Did you like it?" He asked while examining the other student. He wasn't a familiar face, definitely not one of his classmates. He'd probably seen him about the Arts building, but he had obviously never spoken to him before. The other student seemed to look absolutely afraid though, and he continued smiling, keeping a friendly atmosphere. "Don't worry, I'm too awesome to break my concentration, if that's what you're worried about," He grinned. He was more elated about having an audience that appreciated him than anything else, and he knew for sure that the other definitely liked his playing, even though he didn't know when the other had come into the room until the sigh.

((It's alright!))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]   A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:15 pm

((Hope you don't mind me slipping in... ^///^))

Her heart pounded painfully against her chest as she stood, back pressed up against the wall, eyes closed, fingers wrapped tightly around her textbooks. The lingering touch of musical notes still rang purely through her head, still wrapping her up in that delightfully warm embrace that only music and music alone could give. In fact, in the deepest recesses of her heart, she believed that that musical tone had been even more gorgeous than her and her violin. ...Was that even possible?

How dearly she wanted to rush into the room and spout compliments off to the player, smile her signature grin and gush over the beauty of such a piece, the true sincerity of the entire score, how wonderfully blended everything had been, how the tone and rhythm had been simply...well, there she went again, spouting off more musical nonsense. Sighing, she tugged at her hair, adjusting her cami, picking off a string clinging stubbornly to the strap, finding the courage to meet such a talented peer, and took a step forward. Another; her heat beat wildly. And another; she was smiling like a fool now. Until she stood in the doorway of the classroom, eyes wider than saucers as she took in the two people standing there, her grin slowly fading. Sure, she wasn't too surprised to see Kiku there but the other student...her cheeks flushed, annoyance immediately pumping through her veins, kind of like adrenaline.

She had been anxious to meet him?! "T-That was you?"
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas

Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]   A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:04 am

Feliciano continued to shake nervously, waiting for the other student to notice him. When nothing immediate happened, he began to relax. The other student seemed so immersed in his playing, that even the small sigh that left his lips had not disturbed him. 'Wow, I'm really lucky! He must have some really good concentration to not be distracted when other people are in the room!' Feliciano knew only a few people with that level of concentration, and he found himself admiring the other student even more as the melody continued to fill the small space. He listened quietly, swaying slightly to the rhythm as the music enveloped him. He became so focused on the music that he hardly noticed when the other student ceased playing, the song complete.

He nearly yelped as the other student suddenly addressed him, only just noticing the absence of the beautiful melody that had filled the room a moment ago. His entire body shook, and though he mentally told himself to calm down, he found himself shrinking a little away from the other student instead. 'H-He's going to be really mad at me for coming in here when he was playing and then trying to mess him up even though I didn't try to do that at all! And then I'm going to have to explain to him why I even came in here in the first place and I'm not even sure I can do that! And even though he was just playing something really beautiful he looks like he could really hurt me if he wanted to though I don't know why he would even want to in the first place!' His thoughts raced as he watched the other student, waiting.

"Did you like it?"

Feliciano blinked in surprise, completely caught off guard by the question. He had expected the other student to yell at him, or even to tell him to get out because he was practicing. Slowly, he found himself relaxing, as the other student smiled at him. 'H-He's not mad at me, even though I came in while he was playing. Or maybe he is mad at me, and is just asking me if I liked his playing!' He opened his mouth to answer, his parted lips trembling as he tried to formulate his response. Instead, he only managed a shaky exhale and inhale, as he tried again. Before he could answer, the other student spoke again, startling him once more.

"Don't worry, I'm too awesome to break my concentration, if that's what you're worried about,"

"Really?" Feliciano gasped, then realizing what he had said, tried to rephrase his question. "Ve, I mean, I thought it was really beautiful! I was really impressed with the way you play! I'm not very good at music myself, better at art and drawing, but I really admire your playing. I'm really glad I didn't break your concentration I really just came in because I saw the door open and I heard the beautiful music!" He babbled, waving his hands for emphasis as he began to relax around the other student. His usual friendly nature was returning to him, though inwardly he still felt a little nervous. He often felt nervous around students he did not know, but the other student had been nothing but friendly towards him so far!

He was about to speak again when a familiar voice sounded from the doorway. Turning quickly, his smile brightened when he saw Elizaveta. Completely missing her expression, he took the few steps to her, hugging her and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek in greeting. "Veta, ciao! I didn't know you were here too! Did you come because you heard the music too? It was really pretty, wasn't it?" He released her, taking a step back into the room and turning to face the other student again. "Ve, he's really great at music but you already knew that since you're here now with us!" He chattered away, his comments aimed at both students though he didn't expect an answer from either one.

((Gah! If I'm ever this late to reply to something again please don't hesitate to poke me repeatedly *sobs and clings to you both* And Veta, it's Feli~!))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]   A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:19 pm

She blinked, still a bit miffed that it had been Gilbert she had been in awe with. "Yeah...it was pretty," she mumbled, tossing her hair behind her shoulder in the appropriate position, trying to pull off her most convincing act of nonchalance. She almost wanted to ask him to play it again, so she could listen more in depth, so that she could close her eyes and picture herself, soaring on that band of musical notes and sweet, painfully sweet, intonation.

"I suppose he is good at music..." She couldn't keep herself from asking the question why. Why he played, why he cared, why he - out of all people, no less! - had to be the one that she had found. Why he knew such a beautiful piece, why he could play it with such emotion, why he attracted an audience with such careful precision... Why?!

"Didn't know you played anything." The question was directed at Gilbert with chilling clarity, but she was unable to stop her gaze from traveling to the friendly Italian near him. He must have even drawn Feli's attention, she noted, as he chattered aimlessly about...well, Hungary-knows-what. But she didn't mind - in fact, his presence was reassuring. Why, she wasn't entirely sure.

((Ahhh, Feli~ ^-^ Also, sorry guys, it's been an undeniably long time since I've replied... o.o))

Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas

Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]   A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:19 am

Feliciano smiled, nodding in agreement with Veta. The other student had talent, though he too would not have guessed the other student played anything. He did not know him well, but from his attitude and mannerisms, Feliciano would never have taken him as the type to play something so delicate as the piano. His imagination took off then, presenting fantastic images of the other student dressed in ridiculous outfits. He stood on stage, declaring his 'awesomeness' into a microphone before picking up the nearest instrument and playing. The other student exuded confidence, even bordering a little on arrogance, but Feliciano found those small things to be part of his weird appeal. He couldn't dislike the other student, even if he was still a little intimidated by him.

'At least Veta is still here...' He reminded himself, the thought sending a more genuine smile to his face. 'And even though the other student is a bit scary, he really does play beautiful music. I don't think I've ever heard anyone play that beautifully...well, unless I happen to be walking through the music building and accidentally stumble in on one of the piano students. I kind of wish I could play an instrument better...but I don't think I should take lessons. Fratello might just think it's one more thing I'm trying to be better at then he is, even though he doesn't play an instrument either. I don't want to compete with him, or even start a competition! But still, learning an instrument would be fun!'

He blinked in surprise, his thoughts broken by Veta's comment. His gaze darted from Veta to the other student, and immediately he felt the urge to leave the room. He was not known for his ability to read into situations, but suddenly, he felt out of place in the small music room. Feliciano knew he could be flighty sometimes, and although he did his best to hide it he could not help but to feel enclosed in the space. Three people began to feel too crowded, and he found himself longing for the openness of the hallway. He was not claustrophobic, but the smaller the group, the more likely he would end up the center of attention. He glanced around, noting that Veta's attention was fully on the other student. He could always leave now, and explain himself later if they asked. 'Ve, I doubt they will think much of it, since we're all students and usually have a lot of work to do.'

When he was sure the other two were distracted, he slipped out of the room. For a moment, he debated closing the door, but decided against it. Veta still stood relatively in the doorway, and the sound of the door itself might attract the other students' attention. He walked as quietly as he could down the hall a little way, until he felt he was far enough from the rehearsal room. He moved to lean against the wall, sinking down to the floor once his back touched against the cool surface. He pulled his knees to his chest, sighing softly and taking a few shaky breaths. He debated calling Lovino, but decided against bothering him. Lovino would have helped, but Feliciano did not want to risk interrupting him in case he was in class or working on one of his art projects.

((PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR TAKING LIKE, A THOUSAND MILLION YEARS TO REPLY TO THIS! *sobs and runs away, ashamed* Also, Feli leaving the room was just to give us more to write on ^^'))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]   A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Quiet Rehearsal? [Open]
Page 1 of 1